Monday, January 28, 2013

Linky Party!!

I'm linking up with Stitch by Stitch for the first time. :) The first thing I am doing this week is the final layout plan for my sewing room.  My hubby is planning to build me two sewing tables, and I want to make sure I have everything measured so they will fit.  He can't build the tables for 3 weeks though, I go pick up my new Janome then. woot!!!!  



Oh yea, don't mind the clashing blue quilt top on the lime green wall. Its only there because it's going to be the first large quilt that I free motion on my own and looking at it is helping me build courage.

My main project this week is tormenting me. I was planning to quilt the heck out of Express Your Love, but then again....  My little sister saw a picture of this goddess, and went nuts apparently. It looks like I am creating a third one.  To be honest, I may be shoving this green one in my UFO bin.  I am starting to hate the fabric color choice. White thread is NOT showing up well, you can tell in the picture above, all that stands out is the earth. Maybe I should travel stitch the whole thing again in white and make it bolder...
  Doing a whole new one on Black for my sister sounds like fun.  I can always come back to this green one later. Is that quitting?    *SIGH*  I'm so neurotic, I'll be sewing on three of them by Wednesday. lol  It's great practice to repeat these techniques at least.


Sorry for being so wordy!   Have a great week everyone!
Kelly


10 comments:

  1. What a fun looking space. You will spend some quality time there for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your space, it looks really cozy, and that dark cabinet is really nice, I like all dark furniture. My husband made me a sewing table too, will post photos soon. Thanks for linking up, its so nice seeing what everyone is up to, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really coming together in here. I'd love to see your table. Linking up is so much fun. There's inspiration everywhere, and it's nice to see everyone's projects.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kelly, Thanks for sharing a peek at your happy place! Seriously, you have to check out Marelize's sewing table. Her machine sits in a cutout, so the table is level. Looks great for free motion! I am considering this, too, but only have one desk in my whole sewing room and worry that I will regret not being able to move the machine when I need to cut fabric!

      Delete
    3. Hi! :) Did you consider keeping a folding table somewhere to pull out when you need the extra top? I used to have a very limited space and I would set up the extra table only when I needed it. I bet it would be worth it to have your machine flat. :) If all works out, my hubby is making some tables next month from this tutorial...http://frommartawithlove.com/diy-ikea-sewing-table-tutorial/
      I can't wait to free motion without all this drag! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Consider the green quilt your "practice piece". From the looks of it you have practiced painting over and under thread. The next time you do it, it will look great because it is the second time. You can try out all of Leah's patterns in the various small areas and get the kinks out. Since it is a practice piece, once you are finished practicing, you can just dump it with a peaceful mind. It wasn't a project. It was PRACTICE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stella has a great point about labelling the green one as practice! I love your sewing room, it's so large! And the colours of your blocks/designs on your design wall are fabulous :) Enjoy the new machine and tables when they arrive! Found you via Stitch by Stitch's Anything Goes linky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - You have a great working space - I wish I could get my place to some order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great room...I am getting paranoid though. Everybody's sewing rooms are so neat! I can't show mine. It's an absolute embarrassment ...I tend to use the floor a lot, so after a while, it becomes hard to move around as there are projects everywhere. Had a giggle about your FMQ... Yep, that sounds just like me...look forward to seeing your Goddess Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) Don't feel bad though, my sewing room is the only room my two boys are gated out of. The rest of my house looks post-tornado.

      Oh and whenever I see a craft area with lots of projects everywhere, I think " wow, fun threw up in here". You must be having more fun then everyone else. Lol

      Delete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly