Sunday, January 27, 2013

Need more towels.

It's UFO Sunday and I am linking up with Leah Day.  Today, I am not working in my sewing room, but in my fish tank. I am working on a new aquascape, and have been waiting for weeks for my plant order to arrive. Now,  I get to go elbow deep and play in the water.   I do need more towels as the title states, I was cleaning my filter and spilled a gallon of water all over the place.
Here's the hardscape:

I hope you didn't mind the diversion from sewing.  :)  Here's a quick pic of my "practice" Express Your Love.   I kept over-building my thread on purpose after awhile.   If you make a mistake, sometimes repeating the mistake consistently can hide it. Tomorrow, I will start Mctavishing on my real piece. I hope I can resist the urge to over-build my thread.
Have fun creating!
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Your practice piece is wonderfull! Stopping by from the Freemotion Quilting Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I traced two of the Express Your Love tops--one on black and one on muslin. I've been working directly on my black one, but may sandwich my muslin one to practice the McTavishing as I've never done it before. Thanks for mentioning that you have two--a practice one and a real one! I've stalled on mine as I'm looking for some silk to applique and stitch over the earth rather than paint. I know it's around here somewhere! I found you linked on Leah's UFO Sunday page.
    Happy stitching!
    Liz
    Gypsy Dreamer Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your McTavishing looks great. I'll look forward to seeing how you color your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the thread build up is very nice on the McTavishing. I like the way the thread provides the color for the piece and think it could be striking to do it all on white with various colors of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think the thread buildup creates so much depth, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. FINE! lol. Thanks for the encourement everyone :)

      Delete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly