Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Linking at the River

It's linky Tuesday with Free Motion by the River!   Today is an exciting day for me!!!  I have my first two Blog finishes!!!  Since joining this wonderful community, I have been {happily} overwhelmed with inspiration. I have started 10 new projects and jump between them like a busy bee.   Well, I have been focusing in as much as possible and finished two projects!

I am going to my first guild meeting on Saturday and I made this bag to carry my machine. I have a matching messenger bag in the works to carry fabric and supplies.  Lots of yummy little pockets and everything.


My second finish is my Hearts and Feathers.  I think I will add little triangles and hang it somewhere, but it has binding and for now is finished.  My next Trapunto, I will use water soluble thread. The thread build up here got out of control, but I don't think it takes anything from my first attempt.  How's that for positive, and crushing my OCD subconscious?


AND my last Tuesday news, and the best part:  We adopted two cats from our local Humane society.  I have wanted some kitties for a long time but had waited, knowing we were moving. Well, now being all settled in our new home, it was time!!   Here's a peek at "Queen" Eva and Slick.

Not the best photos, but more to come. lol   Have a happy Tuesday everyone!
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I love your bag and your trapunto is just beautiful - something I have never attempted. Have fun with the new kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful trapunto and love the huge bag!! You are going to have so much fun with your new kitties!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Kelly. The bag is smart! And your first attempt at Trapunto? WOW. Congratulations on the cats being added to the family.... 'Seams' cats and quilts just go together!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly