Monday, February 11, 2013

Links on Monday

The theme this week over at My Favourite Things is Wall Hangings.  This is going to be a little embarrassing for me.  The picture I am showing is actually the first thing I have ever sewn with a sewing machine.   My husband deployed to Iraq for the first time a few years ago {before we had kids}  and when I went to visit my mother, she showed me how to thread a machine and use it.   I was addicted and haven't stopped learning and sewing since.  Don't mind the thumb tacks.  I have been planning to take this down, and give it some love and a dowel to hang by. :)


For my Anything Goes linky at Stitch by Stitch, This is what I am working on today :

I am joining my local quilt guild and needed a way to take my sewing machine with me, hence this tote.   My little Brother is super tiny with the tray off, and perfect to lug around with me.  

Have fun Creating!!
Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Popped by from 'Anything Goes' and enjoyed reading how you started quilting. Great quilt and love the bag, fabrics and colours. Have fun at the guild meeting, I love going to mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Hehe I'll admit cheating a little...this fabric for the bag was a solid piece. I don't have long to finish the bag so I was cutting some corners :) It's perfect for projects like this at least.

      Delete
  2. Hopping over from Anything Goes,,, I am having a Party on my blog, Please join us,, With Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your anniversary!! What a fun party!

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely first quilt, Kelly! Thanks for sharing it with us and for
    linking in.

    Chumkie.
    My Favourite Things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's so funny to look at, the binding is stretched so tight around to the back. :)

      Delete
  4. It really is a very nice first quilt. And I like your sewing machine tote as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) The tote is coming together nicely today. I am trying very hard to have it come out strong enough to last.

      Delete
    2. Cat stepped on my keyboards before I said thanks. lol Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I love your tacked up first quilt! I have several things thumb tacked to my walls and find it perfect while I'm still living in an apartment. Someday they'll have permanent homes.:-) Have fun at your quilt guild! I love going to mine and have met so many wonderful quilters to exchange ideas with and get advice from. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth. :-) If they are as sweet as the blog quilters, I'll have some instant friends I bet.

      Delete
  6. i just found you on 'justusquilters , following you now

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly