Sunday, February 10, 2013

UFO's A-Plenty

Oh man. When I look around I am starting to feel some pressure; there are projects everywhere. On my last count it was 11.  I haven't been able to sew all week, since I was so busy with my family.  Today, my sewing room is seeing some action.

My husband is a ROCK STAR.  I wasn't going to post pictures until we painted the first sewing table, but I can't help it.  He was a jig-saw GENIUS.  It was HOT.  Don't tell him I said that though, he's already all puffed up like MR. Tool Man Sam.  lol 
Perfect fit with cord room at the side of the machine.   We won't paint until next week because my hubbs is making another for my Janome.   Now I am off to go catch up on Express Your Love. I need to tackle the concentric circles.

Have fun everyone!
Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. Boy, I need to borrow your hubbie to make one of those tables for me! My hubbie just needs to find time at home to do my table, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya, we were lucky my hubby had a four day weekend. The tutorial we used was sooooo easy to follow which helped.

      Delete
  2. How awesome to have your own custom tables! Great job hubbie! Good luck on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful table. Loads of room on the back to hold the quilt so it won't fall off the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing better than being able to sew with your machine flush with the table top instead of on top of it. I am sure you are going to love it. Give your hubby lots of lovin for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one beautiful sewing table! You better treat your husband to a very special Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Lucky you! tee hee, its amazing and SUCH a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really looks great! The space around your sewing machine is just perfect, nice size!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the table! I found some on-line tutorials on making one, but I was curious which one you/he used? Would you mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more then happy to share the link, I plan to do some serious groveling and thank you'd to the author as well. this tutorial was great! The best part is that you start with a very solid table. We are going to primer and paint this weekend and I'll post more pics. :-)

      http://frommartawithlove.com/diy-ikea-sewing-table-tutorial/

      Delete
  9. Does your hubby have a single brother?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that table idea. I have been thinking about doing that to mine, and you are inspiring me to get on with it. BTW, I may not wait for hubby to do it for me, but may tackle it myself. I am ok with a jigsaw, myself!

    Ilene

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly