Sunday, February 17, 2013

Unfinished Sunday

I'll try not to shout today.  Lately my posts are very excited and give even me a headache.  hehe  My second sewing table is cut {thanks to my hubby}  He worked magic with the jigsaw again.  Today, I will be painting on the primer.  Tomorrow,  will be the first coat of paint.  I am doing a black gloss so these tables will match the others I use in here already.  In case you are curious the tutorial we used is here...From Marta With Love   We only altered a few things to fit my personal sewing needs. the tables were an inch too short, so I've added pegs at the bottom.  Here's a pic of the progress.
 ^^^That's the new baby! My 1600p arrived and it's a BEAST!!!  Going from my Brother Sq-9050 from Walmart to this workhorse is like going from a minivan to a Mustang.  its amazing!  

My main sewing project today: Finishing my messenger bag, pics to come this week.  

Hope you are all accomplishing what you needed to today! This is a linkup with Leah Day @ Freemotionquilting.blogspot.com
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Love your table!!!! I have added it to my make it soon list....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were surprisingly easy to build. Cutting the hole is the most tense part. {and the knee lift bar hole, if needed}

      Delete
  2. The tables are wonderful. You are so going to be enjoying all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tables, enjoy them , I would be exited too if I had something like them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice table and a very nice machine. You are going to love it, but you will never want to go back to the minivan after stitching down the highway with your new Mustang. The new machines are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice of Hubby to rig this set up for you - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is awesome, and so is your honey bunny for making it ! I was on my way to the post office today to mail your fabric. My daughter called and asked me what I was up to. I told her, she said "Mom, you do realize the post office is closed for Presidents Day, right?" Nope, so I'll try again tomorrow ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly