Monday, March 4, 2013

Anything Goes With Marelize

It is Monday again and a Linky Party @ Stitch by Stitch is happenin'

Haha ^^ I felt nerdy typing that.  Speaking of Nerdy...I am in the middle of a Stargate SG1 Marathon. Trying to get through Season 1 as fast as possible though, the show started out super cheesy.

This week is another week full of too many projects and not enough time. Sometimes I only sew one piece of a block together before having to stop again {kids under 5}  That means that my wall quilt is still in the works.  Hopefully today I can get the solid borders on and start the pieced border.  Finishing this is my priority so when my Janome gets back,I can start quilting.




Sneak peek
I picked up this fabric for a secret birthday surprise...I saw this fabric and literally obsessed over it all night long Saturday.  Sunday morning, I had it in my lap as soon as JoAnne's opened. Here's a hint....It may turn into an apron. Funky!!!

Just for fun: My angelfish spawned over the weekend and all day yesterday they moved the hatched eggs to a new leaf.  The pair is doing an amazing job.
Happy Birthday new Angels!





Have Fun creating!  I am also Linking up for the first time over at Sew Many Ways.
Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! Thanks for dropping in to Sew Fresh Quilts for a visit. Glad you like those quilty spring colours! (I had to add my Canadian 'u' ) Lol! I am glad to see you making progress on those stars... Even in spite of those frequent interruptions! Just wanted to let you know also, that you are a no-reply blogger. I just found that out about myself last week and managed to get it all figured out thanks to Googling. Give me a shout if you want a helpful link to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I thought I had everything linked. How did you fix yours, or test that you fixed it? Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete
  2. I love your blocks...they're amazing! Young children isn't really condusive to sewing productivity...but we do what we can, so that we can still enjoy our passions. =) I'm heading to Joann's today...to get some things for an upcoming bday party. That fabric would look adorable as an apron!
    Visiting from Anything Goes Monday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Gotta love Joanna! Nothing beats using multiple coupons in one purchase. :-). Thanksfor stopping in!

      Delete
  3. Ha ha Star Gate SG1 is still on a rerun on tv here... can't stop watching it! Love it, as I like my stars! Your star blocks are wonderful! Great colours, great piecing!
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stargate Atlantis is even better! Lol Thanks for the kinds words :-)

      Delete
  4. I had to laugh at your first sentence,lol! I know what you mean about not enough time! I have all these ideas bursting in my head. If only I could quit my day job! I love your colorful stars, wow! They will make a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) The stars are fun to piece. I appreciate the comments!

      Delete
  5. I also watch Stargate SG1 while I quilt... just make it though season 6. Love the blocks and how the colors blend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who can enjoy a little sci-fi! Thanks for the visit :-)

      Delete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly