Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baby Puzzler

My husband's close friend (a soldier he did  his Iraq tours with) is having a baby!  My first thought was baby quilt!  I wanted it to be special and thought it was a perfect time to use my puzzle blocks.  I couldn't find a pattern for a puzzle quilt anywhere so I made my own.
  Once I have then kinks worked out, I'll make a tutorial in case someone wants to make it.
 I want to finish piecing today, my Janome gets back tomorrow!  All I will want to do is fmq after that :-)

Have fun creating this week!
Kelly

This is a link up with Sew Many Ways  and Stitch by Stitch

2 comments:

  1. I love your fabric choices for this puzzle block quilt, Kelly! My dad loves to do jigsaw puzzles and I have been thinking of making him a lap quilt or bed quilt for quite a while. Looking forward to seeing how you do with this one! Give Janome a big hug and kiss from me when he gets home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love these fabrics too! I tried to stay gender neutral, or at least balanced. This is very easy to make if you decide to, the hard part is just looking at the blocks and not the puzzle pieces. I am definitely planning to write out the pattern in a pdf to share. Thanks for the kind words, as always :)

      Delete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly