Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dash of Color

For all of those with extra-supportive husbands, do they stick their nose in your sewing room?

Mine is full of suggestions and critiques... good ones mostly, and appreciated, but weird right?   Hehe. He named the star quilt below,  and helped when I designed the dash sashing.  Right before he went back to NHL 13 on the PS3 :p. He wanted me to write the last so everyone would knows he's a tough guy who likes video games.

Here's my finished top. I may need to stop sharing pictures of every step of the process so the finished pictures will be more fun. I can't wait to quilt this!!!

Dash of Color


Linking up today with Free Motion by the River,   Quilt Story: Fabric Tuesday, and WIP Wednesday (a day early)
Have fun creating this week!
Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Kelly your quilt is amazing! The colors are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I'm so nervous and excited to quilt. It'll be the first that I have done more then just stipling. I'll channel some of your talent, I hope!

      Delete
  2. I really love the bright, happy colors and wish that I was talented like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I made it to hang on my sewing wall to inspire happy moods! Hard to be grumpy with lime green :-)

      Delete
  3. Very vivid quilt. My hubby waits until he is asked to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful :) I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking! I like the way the different fabrics unite to make four color blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks wonderful!
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That looks great! The colours are so vibrant. My hubby helps sometimes with colour choices, and when I have a whole bunch of blocks and need to evenly distribute certain elements he'll help me rearrange them until we get it right.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly