Friday, March 15, 2013

FMQ Friday

Free Motion Quilting is dominating my sewing room right now. I am working on my Baby Puzzler and did a stiple over the puzzle section.  Next, I plan to practice some feathers and then do a feather border around the outside.  My stiple was on a 1/2" scale, but I think I should have done it bigger.  To be honest, this is the first quilt I have quilted on my Janome 1600p. I was just happy to get through it, and I don't think I blinked once :)



I am also working on my Sugar Block Club blocks today and trying to finish the paper pieced February Block.  It's so much easier then I thought it would be. {I have never paper pieced before}  I enjoyed the paper piecing process, though  feel that it wastes a little fabric.

Have a great weekend!
This is a linkup with Leah Day at the Free Motion Quilting Project.
AND With Sew Many Ways "Find a Friend Friday"
What fun!!

Kelly

14 comments:

  1. I have the same sewing machine and FMQ's beautifully. Relax, breathe, FMQ,and blink!!! It looks like you are doing fine. Here is a little trivia. Elizabeth Hartman uses the same machine. It's a different brand(can't remember which), but it looks identical except for the logo. She even says the Janome PQ_C is the same. I would venture to say it's made by the same manufacturer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, breathing is important! lol I would recommend this machine to anyone, it stitches beautifully!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks grand! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puzzle pieces are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the action shot for your progress on the puzzle quilt! And am loving your new Janome!!!! He's sew handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, right!? I love this machine :-)

      Delete
  5. That is such a cute puzzle quilt, and your stippling looks perfect on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt, it's adorable! The stippling looks great, just relax and enjoy yourself! Happy Int'l Quilting Day!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly