Monday, March 25, 2013

In love with Hexies!

It's been awhile since I have posted, my little one has had a stomach bug, poor baby.  Instead of your normal 24-48 hours, the little turd was sick for 7 days!  It was so sad and awful.  The good news is that this is my chunky butt, so not eating for a week didn't seem to hurt him. Hehe.

The good thing that came from this week is that I started a new project in my desperate need to have my hands working while cuddling my bundle of germs.  (again...hehe).   Hexies!  My first hexie project and it turns out, I Love Them!  I made them pretty small from what I have seen. The sides are just under an inch; they had to be because of the fabric I am using which was cut into HST's for a failed project a few years ago.  This is the perfect way to bring this lovely fabric back to life.

Enough rambling from me!  Here's a sneak peak. :-)
I am linking up with Stitch by Stitch (button to the right) and My Favourite Things (also to the right)
Have fun this week!
Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Exciting! Quite labourious I assume, but worth it.... I'm deffo going for a more easy first quilt... Crayon Quilt. I am so excited!!

    Can't wait to see it done!

    Bundana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. popping over from Anything Goes, and your Going Good ! I Love Love EPP. I just figured out that I do my Hexies different than what is the usual but it worked.. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope my quilt doesn't fall apart in it's first wash. lol Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. PS> Just starting my crayon quilt now! I have downloaded a hexie template and now going crazy! Bundana x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crayons sound cute!!! I probably should have started smaller, but I just had to find a purpose for this fabric. It's been chopped up in a bin for years. :) The best part is that I am not good at hand stitching and by the end, I hope I well be GREAT at it. lol Hope to see your finished crayons!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear your little man is feeling better and that you are lovin' the hexies! It's a project you can take anywhere or do anytime. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! They are fun, I am dragging my basket everywhere with me :)

      Delete
  5. Awe, that nasty bug is going around and I hope it skips right over our house!

    I just started a hexie project too!!! My very first ever. I am wondering what method you used?

    Visiting from Anything Goes! I'll be back to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I am winging it. I read a little bit about EEP and hexies and went to town basting. I just needed something fast that I could work on away from the sewing machine. The Honeycomb stich-a-long (button to the right)looked fun but I never had the chance to assemble the fabric. Someday!!

      What kind of hexie project is yours? I hope the bug misses your house as well. It was nasty.

      Delete
  6. I love batiks and hexies. Would love to see what you make from these gems! Thank you for linking in, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly