Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday! Finally!

I'm so happy it is Friday! This week has dragged on long enough.   My happy sewing machines are running non-stop today.  Can you smell the machine oil burning?  Yum. haha  There are a lot of linkies going on today...Here goes:

The strip piecing instructions came out for Bloom Bloom Pow yesterday and it's taking me longer then I thought. I used my stash so my strips are in both sizes, not a big deal sewing is fun! {Insert my WHOOP WHOOP! here}

I am of course still free motion quilting on my wall hanging. There's about a hundred starts and stops, lots of thread changes, but it is great practice!

My Cala Lily was my BIG finish this week.   I won't go posting the photo for a third time {that's too obnoxious}  Here's a link to that post instead.  I am linking this one up to the  Link a Finish Friday.

Here's a little planning on my hexies...I am trying to pick a background fabric...any thoughts on which?   I think I could have found something better even, but I am using my stash and that's that. lol   Help!  On white or beige?



Technically it was laying on my carpet, but I think it qualifies for the Design Wall  weekend linky. :) 

Since there aren't enough linkies in this post already, I am going to go ahead and linkup to the Find a friend Friday linky party @ Sew Man Ways.

Whew. Wore myself out with all the joining.  Have a great weekend everyone :)
Kelly

13 comments:

  1. Hey!! I love white as a background!

    I did my first ever quilt here and loved the result of the white...

    bundana x
    http://bundana.blogspot.ie/2013/04/rainbow-quilt-part-iv-complete.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love the way color pops off of white! Thanks for the opinion. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the second one better, at least in that photo I can see more of the design pattern on the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My hubby likes the second one as well. I will want to be sure before chopping it :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes these choices are SO HARD! I like the white. There is something really fresh about it, maybe I'm just channeling spring. :)

    http://suedrescreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. It IS hard! Thanks for the thoughts... white is winning.

      Delete
  4. !! Over the past 10 or so years, I have completed a couple dozen hexie flowers and have changed my mind for the background fabric four times or so! They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always obsess before cutting fabric, it makes me sad to chop it up, even when the end result is lovely. Crazy girl here! Lol. thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  5. Hm, hard to say... I like both those background fabrics! The white is really fresh like people have said, but the other one has a vintage-y feeling to it that I also like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your point on the beige one. You guys are really giving great perspective! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. The beige! It reminds me of a tea dyed fabric and in my opinion adds more character to the hexies. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when hand sewing, white is always risky. I like the beige too after sleeping on it. {not literally} Thanks!!

      Delete
  7. These are both lovely but I prefer the white because, in the photo, it looks more solid and I like the contrast with the more patterned fabrics in the hexies :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly