Monday, April 1, 2013

NewFo Challange and Mommy Guilt

I wanted to start out talking about Mommy guilt today.  I have it bad and can't seem to shake it.  There are days were it is too easy to feel inadequate, like a failure, and just in general like a terrible Mommy.  Days where Disney channel played for 4 straight hours while I guilty sewed my heart out, or the pile of fruit snack wrappers piled up because it's the only thing that distracts the kiddies long enough to just finish this binding!   Surely, these are not too serious in the long scheme of things, but that little guilty voice in my head won't stop nagging me.

On the Bright side: I wasn't scolding, or yelling, or losing my cool since my kids were TV zombies with full tummies. :p  They will probably live through it, remembering those days as fun, but I will always wish I had played with them all day instead.

Now back to quilt talk!  The Newfo Challange from March is going on and here are all my New and Unfinished projects:



1. Painted Cala Lily from the Painted Pictorial Quilts Class on Craftsy.  Just started this one last weekend so there are no photos yet :/ Just some Practice Strokes.


2.  Purse for sister-in-law. Animal Print can really grow on you. Almost Finished.


3. My first Hexies!
4. Practice quilting designs for my wall hanging.
I drew this little coffee mug, a must on my sewing room wall. :)

5. Another Hearts and Feathers, purely for skill building in Trapunto with water-soluble thread for less thread buildup then my first try.
6.  Fabric Pull for Bloom Bloom Pow {I am including this in my NewFO's because that's how excited I am for this quilt-along}





I have a few more projects going on {as if these aren't enough} but they are Top-Secret.  Mother's Day is coming soon afterall.  :)

I am also linking up today with Stitch by Stitch

Happy April Everyone!
Kelly





9 comments:

  1. Sorry about your 'guilt'. I think we all have those moments as Mom's. I'm with my children 24/7, since I homeschool, and still sometimes feel guilting doing something for myself. I'm sure they will survive and if it's not an every day occurrence, then it's more like a special treat. =)

    Love your progress...and that purse is cute! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guilt is sometimes irrational. :) Thanks for the comment, I really hope my sister-in-law loves the purse too. She's a teenager and loves animal prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy April, Kelly. Wonderful quilting - I just love it. And congrats on your first hexies! They are beautiful! As for mommy guilt - hmmm. Some of my kids are grown and have kids of their own and I STILL get Mommy guilt! The fact that you even has mommy guilt shows you care - you are probably doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment!!! :) I am so glad to have found this community with such supportive women/people.

      Delete
  4. Good job on these. Was pretty fabrics. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is one of my favorite linkys. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice job on your first Hexies! I have a whole 9 hexies made so far! I wanted to try making them, but I don't know what to make out of them! LOL I need to do what you are doing.... some practice quilting so that I have something other than just tops. I've only finished one quilt and it was tied. You've pulled some really lovely colors for your next project. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I am going to do a full quilt with the hexies...scary right? You could always do what I am doing and turn all the practice quilting pieces into little coaster sets. No waste :). They look funky but who cares when they end up coffee stained? Lol. Thanks for the sweet comments.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see your Bloom Bloom Pow blocks from your stash.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly