Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nick of Time

I am linking up my Snip it Good Block for the And Sew on...BOM @ Quiet Play.  I am actually remaking this block today. I wasn't happy with my background choice.  

What's really fun about these cute blocks is that on each one I am using paint to highlight different parts.  The seam ripper block had silver paint to make the metal look metal.   I am using a paint today on this scissor block to make the metal look really but still and dull steel.  Fun!  lol


See?  The background did not work out at all with the many seam lines.

5 comments:

  1. I guess you have to use a non-directional background fabric... Other than that, the block looks awesome. What do you think of the paper piecing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's exactly what I did. I made the block again with a really small print of dots and it books great. Paper piecing is fun! I get enthusiastic about everything tho. Lol thanks for writing Lorna.

      Delete
  2. I like it! I dont mind the craziness of the background, but could certinly see dots being an improvement. Painting fabric is often a good time too! You'll be showing us the results right?

    I made my first paper pieced blocks this weekend. I probably should have selected a simpler pattern to beging with, but happy with the results none the less. I will be posting them soon @ www.theboredzombie.com. Make sure to follow me and check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! Painted quilts is becoming a passion for me! I'll post pics at some point..this is a full month of family visits so we are busy and sewing is slow :). Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I think it looks fantastic. I am always amazed with paper piecing. I need to find some good basic patterns and give it more of a try.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly