Monday, May 27, 2013

Promising Summer

I hope you are all heading into this summer with as much joy in life as I am experiencing. (Stress and all)  This time of year really sings to my creative side. We are going on nature walks, planning camping trips, getting my wild boys OUTSIDE. All the while I plan projects, take inspiration photos, and wait patiently for every nap time.

It is taking me much, much longer to finish everything, winter is really my time to sew, but I try not to complain and find the positives. I get to catch up on all those books I have been saving up. :-)

I did manage to finish quilting my Bloom Bloom Pow, no binding just yet but I want to share it anyway. This was a major lesson in why the cheap fabric is cheap. I used some cheap broadcloth from my shelf for part of the backing and it was a nightmare to quilt. Quality is important and worth every extra dollar.



 

 The green section rippled and bunched and rippled, it was rough. It was a valuable lesson though. Considering that this is my largest quilt ever quilted on my home machine, I am happy. :-)

Happy creating this week everyone!
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. After research a couple of of the blog posts on your web site now, and I truly like your approach of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site listing and can be checking again soon. Pls check out my web page as well and let me know what you think. Affiliate spam

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly