Friday, May 17, 2013

Time Flies

Time flies when your having fun!  Its been 16 days since my last post and I didn't even notice the time flying by around me.  My mom was here for a visit after a whole year of not seeing her!  We laughed and talked and best of all CRAFTED!!  It was a blast!  She is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator so she does more paper crafts while I do more with fabrics.   I have to admit that I have added paper crafts to my endless list of crafty hobbies.

 I learned how to quill paper and stamp. The best part is like any craft you can incorporate them all together. I pulled out my paints that I use for art quilts and added a little touch of life to my butterfly on my first stamped card....
I also made this little Box for a lady at my quilt guild. I heard her mention that she loves Iris's and she was soooo sweet and welcoming to me.


Ohh, I almost forgot to tell you... My mom brought my very first quilt with her so I could get some photos. I had assembled the quilt top and then gave it to her years ago.  She had it quilted recently and I am now sewing on the binding and label.   I'll have a picture in my next post.   Hope you all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love the way crafting skills and supplies are so transferable :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly