Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Fabric Needing Inspiration

When you have a new uncut, fresh stack of fabric, are you instantly inspired?   Do you come up with a plan right away?   Is it intimidating?

For me, new fabrics are a mixture of intimidating and so inspiring.  I always secretly panic about cutting into a new fabric...it's just so lovely!   It's usually much easier when I know exactly what I will be using it for from the start.  

My Grandmother sent me a box full of fabrics yesterday, and I doubt anything can beat that.  I need to begin planning what to use them for, now!  Otherwise they may end up on my shelf, with me never willing to chop them up.

A Modern Baby Quilt, Perhaps?



Hope you are all feeling inspired today!


I'm linking up today with Quilt Story, and Free Motion by The River, and Stitch by Stitch

8 comments:

  1. You have an awesome grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! She's awesome :p

      Delete
  2. Yes, awesome grandmother!

    My first thought when seeing the middle photo was "baby quilt!"

    Love the gray and yellow fabric. Headband/wrap?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! A baby quilt it is!! The grey and yellow was my favorite, and there's enough to play with a little. A headband would be super cute. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. How neat that she sent you a whole box of fabric!! What you have shown is beautiful and you'll have fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and Hosting the linky party :)

      Delete
  4. I would love to get a package of fabric. That would make my day. Hope you enjoy finding your next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

      Delete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly