Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day Sewing

Snow in Georgia.  How weird is that?  My kids thought it was the coolest thing ever, of course. So, we created some make-shift mittens from 3 layers of socks and out they went. Why we dont have mittens, you may wonder?  Its warm here! Usually.  Of course the first thing my hyper boys did was to climb into their trampoline only to find that it was solid. 



I could see all of this from my sewing room which looks out on the backyard, so I enjoyed this snow day from behind my Janome.   After a very hectic week, I finally finished the Auburn University Tote bag. I just did a wiggly stipling on the bag an front pocket like usual.  The straps I did with straight lines for stability. The wallet only needs to be assembled tomorrow and the set will be complete. 


Hopefully, tomorrow I can start some Valentines day inspired quilts.  I'm thinking about doing a table topper and a mug rug or two...
Hope you are all warm and cozy.
Kelly



2 comments:

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly