Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stuck on fillers

I am still slowly working around my Flirt Panel, and the hearts and flowers were on my agenda for today. I did a curved echo in the Heart frame pictured below, and a little spiral in the flower center. Then some outlining of the little bumpy lines around the shapes.  They were actually a little tricky to quilt on since they are so small, but slow and steady was the way to go. I stopped often to adjust my hands.  Later today, I will finish the outline on this flower and move on to the red flower connected to it.

  There are days were I can barely contain the need to stitch the designs in my head. Then there are days like today where I WANT to stitch, but I get a quilter's block. Smack dab in the middle of working on the first heart, I hit a big creative wall! A brick one!
  I spent a few hours pouring through the interwebs and searching for quilting designs, only to get overwhelmed by the possibilities.  So finally I have decided to do a micro-stipple in the heart center and MOVE ON.  

That's exactly what I am going now to do.  Hope you are all making decisions better then I am today :)
Please check my sidebar for all of my favorite Linky Parties.

Happy Quilting!

24 comments:

  1. coming along nicely....go with the micro stipple:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did and it looks awesome. SO much fretting when simple is the best answer sometimes :) Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering... will the panel be a quilt or a pillow or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a wall hanging or maybe a table topper. It's not large enough to be a quilt and maybe too densely stitched in the end to cuddle with anyway.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful so far! Love the flower - perfect quilting choices for the shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth! Its nice to have a shape to follow to practice even stitiches and curves

      Delete
  4. Heh! I get that block a lot. In fact, I'm wrestling with how-the-heck I want to do the outer reaches of the main field of my dwr centers. . . luckily, there are hours of work ahead of those, so I have time to figure it out. I suspect I'll get to the same point you describe of settling and something and Just Moving On, Already. ;D This is such a pretty project! - Going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope something comes to you in time, but not the block! :)

      Delete
  5. Very cute! I hope you were able to work through your mental block. Those sure can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's look so good! FMQ is one of those things that is so terrifying to me, but it does such a wonderful job of enhancing the design. What fabric line is the panel from? It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Moda-- Flirt by Sandy Gervais. I actually won it in a blog giveaway a year ago, nwhich was awesome! :) thanks for taking time to comment

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to see the whole things. Looks great so far.
    Merrilee
    http://stitchinpost-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Lol hopefully my little wild boys will play well this week and I will quilt my tushy off. :)

      Delete
  8. Your stitching looks great! Have fun with the rest of the designs and hopefully there will be no more blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne! I don't think I'll have any more blocks. I am powering through it! lol

      Delete
  9. This looks wonderful so far! Can't wait to see more. That happens to me sometimes, but it's usually when I don't know what quilt pattern I want to do to use a particular bundle of fabric. Sometimes you do just have to make a decision and move on. That's hard to do though, so bravo to you!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting the party and visiting my blog. :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Ty, I agree! Ill be sad when its finished.

      Delete
  11. This is gorgeous! Do you have a long arm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish! Lol. I quilt on my Janome 1600p.

      Delete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly