Sunday, March 30, 2014

Raider's quilt for Kenny

I finished a Raider's quilt top for my hubby a year ago, then folded it up and there it sat this whole time. He reminded me about it often enough but I didn't have a chance to quilt it until now. It was also a chance to use my new pinmoors to baste a quilt for the first time. So far, I like them a lot, but I'll let you know after I finish quilting. I had to find enough floor space to spread out, which was tough. A shove of the boy's train table and a quick gather of random toys and the playroom floor was perfect.

Crazy football backing!


Pinmoors are so much easier to baste with.  If they stay put, I'll be so happy!!  No crampy fingers.

I may have been basting a little more densely then necessary, but new techniques have a learning curve!

My sewing room kitty-Eva, got really excited over the bobbin winding process.  I pre-wound about 6 bobbins, though I don't feel like I will use close to that many.


I'm off to start quilting!  I would like to throw this out there for anyone who was following my progress on my Flirt Panel...ITS DONE!!!   I am hand sewing the hanging sleeve tonight and in a few days I will be able to share my finish!  So exciting!!!


Please check my sidebar for my favorite linky parties!
~Kelly~

8 comments:

  1. I love this quilt. Very cool use of your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pressure is on to bind it now. My hubby tried to use it with raw edges today...I flipped out, of course :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this quilt Kelly! I made my son a Raider's quilt for Christmas two years ago. He LOVES it as I'm sure your hubby will love his. They are great 'cuddle up on the couch and root for the team' quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi!! My husband is dying to cuddle in with it and I am taking my sweet time on the binding! lol Poor guy.

      Delete
  3. I love that - it's very bold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bold was the plan! Otherwise I might have added flower prints by accident ;P

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to see the finished Flirt Panel. I followed your progress but only got to see a few parts at a time... never the whole panel. I want to see it! ;-)
    I love your husband top quilt too. All those blacks, greys and whites suit my taste. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did drag out the tease on the flirt panel a little too far, didn't I? lol I wish I could have finished it sooner. Check back tomorrow for my Flirt Finish. I took photos in the morning light today This Raiders quilt is about 78 x 78 inches. Had to be big enough for my big 6 foot soldier to curl up under-haha!

      Delete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly