Monday, April 14, 2014

Furniture building and quilt Finishes.

This has been an incredible month of finishes for me and not just in quilting.  It's been a busy whirlwind, and so much fun!

My husband and I have been playing around with building our own furniture and we are starting to make things that don't wobble.  haha!  We made this cabinet for my sewing room which leaves me feeling pretty spoiled everytime I walk in here.  The blue paint is such tasty color. A friend described it as tropical ocean water.

Then we built this farmhouse table with benches.  My boys are little wild things and this setup allows our dining area to be tidier and easier to clean up. Plus we made it ourselves, nothing beats that!

I also finished my husband's Raiders quilt.  The best part is that he has been dragging it around room to room today like a baby blanket....only don't tell him I said that! lol



 I have only quilted crib sized quilts before now. This was a proud finish for me and I am ready to tackle my closet of unfinished quilt tops now!  I may be considering a Grace frame for my Janome 1600p.  Anyone have experience with the frame?

Thanks for letting me share my triumphs with you today!  Hope your projects are going well too!
~Kelly~

Please check my sidebar for my favorite linky parties.

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finishes! The furniture is great and so is the quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! It was fun to share finishes for once and not my endless WIP's. :p

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't believe we made it {with our bare hands} haha

      Delete
  3. wowza! You built that blue cabinet??!! Awesome job! Oh and the quilt is great too, heehee
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! lol I can't believe we built it either! Wood working uses a lot of the same measuring skills as quilting, so of course, that's my job.

      Delete
  4. You guys are so talented. If I tried to build anything like that it would fall apart before I even opened the paint can! (haha) Talented! Cute quilt! ;) -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our trick is to use insanely more screws then the plans call for, and wood glue everything. hehe

      Delete
  5. I love your blue cabinet! I also love your Raiders quilt. Congrats on quilting a larger project. I made a Raiders quilt for my son for Christmas a couple of years ago. He loves it. But I say....go Hawks;) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thanks! I am not a raiders fan either. We have a little house-divided going on around here. Keeps things interesting.

      Delete
  6. I won't tell him if you don't! So great that he's dragging it around with him :) Well done on the big finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, pretty stuff! well done, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun projects Kelly!! Love the tables and your quilt is cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cabinet is great. I made a table once, but the top kept falling off, so these days I stick to quilting. Your husband is a lucky guy. That's a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your furniture! I really want a farmhouse table--love how yours turned out! :) Your Raider's quilt turned out awesome!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly