Friday, April 25, 2014

Studio Tour

The best thing about having friendships with people whose talents differ from your own, is that you can sometimes work out a barter and trade services!  A friend of mine has a photography business--Art in Focus, and in exchange for studio pictures, I will be making her a table runner for her table at vender events.

I'll blog later about the creation of Shauna's runner, but I really wanted to show off my studio pictures. 

My Grace king quilting frame and Janome 1600p

    My frame is in my garage and the backdrop is a quilt I did from one of the Pat Speth-Nickel quilt books.  The pattern is called Arlington square.  I am dying to get it on the frame and quilt it.
    I started piecing this quilt when my husband was in Iraq and I was pregnant with our first baby. Four years later it is still waiting to be quilted. I couldn't bear handing it over to a longarm quilter, and couldn't handle the bulk on my table.  With my new quilting frame...all I need is the right time to focus on this quilt. I can't wait!!

SEW much Fun!!

If only I could work with my quilt as a backdrop all the time.  It's a wonderful sun-catcher, if you don't mind my saying so.

Heading into my studio... 


For all of you Triangle Quilt Along-ers....I bet you are thinking that I'd better hurry up and start quilting.  I had to wait for these photos though!  I'm starting tomorrow. Really.


Love my workhorse.
My scraps have never looked cuter!

Thanks so much Shauna! I am terribly nervous about having my picture taken and I got through it alive. I couldn't have captured my space nearly as well.

 Hope you enjoyed the peek into my world.
Please check my sidebar for my favorite Linky parties!
~Kelly~


15 comments:

  1. You are most welcome and I look forward to seeing what you create for me with all of those amazing colors. You truly are a talented and lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely and bright space! Must be lots of fun to work in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs and I really like your backdrop. It is gorgeous and seems to glow with that light shining through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome space and I just LOVE that quilt, I kept thinking what a great piece of stained glass!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great space and I love the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilting space and she did a awesome job with the photography! Beautiful quilt too! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful work space! Thanks for sharing, I just love the quilt top as your backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fantastic backdrop. I thought it was stained glass, at first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so agree it looks like stained glass-I thought that before I read your post! Thanks for the tour and welcome to the world of frame quilting! Thank your hubby for his service :-) our son-in-law was over there also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought it was a stained glass as well. It is lovely! Stopping by to say hi from Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River. Your studio looks like a great work space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those photos are gorgeous! If only I had a friend I could trade with for pictures like that... I stopped by from Anything Goes Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! :) Hope you have a pleasant Wednesday

      Delete
  12. Your studio is amazing and I am loving the stained glass effect of the hanging quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your space looks great! I wish I had more wall space in my sewing room, I love the light the windows offers, but its frustrating not being able to add more shelves..

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly