Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Triangle Quilt Along wk #3

Joining quilt alongs could easily take over my life. They are so much fun, and seeing the different colors and quilting styles that everyone has is a wonderful learning experience. I am knee deep in the middle of the Triangle Quilt along, hosted over at The Sassy Quilter.

I worked on my Triangles this week and enjoyed the break from other pressures. It has been awhile since I pieced a quilt. The combination of bright colors is predictable for me, but we form habits for a reason. Happy bright colors make me smile. Period.

Last week was the fabric cutting week and I was left with this stack:

This week was dedicated to piecing the rows, though I did skip ahead a bit and joined my rows as well.  The Bloom Bloom Pow quilt along last year was all triangles as well, so I felt comfortable finishing the top.

I pinned the place where the triangle points meet in each row and made sure to carefully sew 1/4" seams.

I press my seams open on many quilts that I do, this one especially because of the bulk that can build in the places where six triangle points meet.
It lays super flat.  I have never had a problem, so far, after pressing the seams open.


I can't wait to see everyone's quilt tops and see how they decide to quilt.

Thanks for stopping by.
~Kelly~

Please check my sidebar for my favorite Linky Parties.
Weekend Bloggy Reading

14 comments:

  1. Your piecing is exquisite! So I don't understand your blog's name and mantra! It sure did make me chuckle though. I struggle with the very same thing. I have only participated in one quilt along and really enjoyed it. I admire your bravery for working with these triangles and I love your color choices! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette! Trust me, my seam ripper is used much more then I want it to be! lol Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  2. Your piecing is great! I'm enjoying seeing everyone's progress on these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great so far! I could easily be sucked into every quilt-along too, but so far I've managed to restrain myself! It is so much fun to see a bunch of different takes on the same quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having a hard time right now not joining all the quilt alongs I see too. I'm not sure why, I never had a problem until I joined my first in January. Now I want to joint them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is happy! I can appreciate your care with matching. It's just so satisfying to see it all come together.
    LeeAnna Paylor lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good triangle quilt and this one is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bright and happy quilt! Can't wait to see what you do with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I have a triangle quilt on my project list for this year (and it was on my list for last year, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done! Love the bright colors :) They make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly