Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival- Flirt

Hi and welcome!!  If you are here from the Blogger's Quilt Festival, thanks for coming!  I am so excited to be entering a quilt in the festival for the first time in the Home Machine Quilted Category
AmysCreativeSide.com


My flirt panel started out as a testing of my limits and skills in quilting. It was a project for me to play around on and not to take too seriously, but as I moved over the panel with different quilting designs, I found myself really attached and invested in this little quilt.  I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and accomplished goals with free motion quilting that I wasn't sure I could.    The finish of this little square was a proud moment for me, all of the imperfections and triumphs included.

Here's some of my favorite photos of Flirt:









Quilt Stats:
Quilter: Kelly Vetch
Name of Quilt: Flirt
Size: 28" x 28 1/2"
Fabrics: Flirt By Sandy Gervais For Moda Fabrics
Thread: Isacord in many matching colors
Quilted on my Janome 1600p


Thanks for coming!  Enjoy the festival!!!
~Kelly~

23 comments:

  1. Really cute! Your quilting is impressive..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Cute! Love your pledge! I should put that on my wall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing quilting!! Thanks for sharing your Flirt quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little quilt ! Amazing quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly,
    YES YES YES!!! You have entered it!
    Great to see my favorite birds again!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your detail quilting work to make a "picture" for lack of a better word. I keep telling myself I need to try to vary my quilting more but have yet to do so. That is a great idea to work with a smaller panel first. I actually have one from long ago that I should go back and finish. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing what everyone does with the flirt panel, I cut mine up into applique. The quilting is beautiful, your having fun with it and it shows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspiring, I regularly intend to try something other than meandering or ditch stitching but get cold feet at the last minute. It is really nice and encouraging to see what quilting others have done. A fantastic idea to use a small project to extend your skills. The design and colours of the quilt are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great...and your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! Great job, and congrats on your accomplishment!! :-)

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is high up on the scale of whimsical adorableness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute quilt! Love the design and great quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little quilt is amazing! You said you wanted to test your skills and it shows because that is one impressive piece of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what a beautiful quilt! I really need to learn quilting! thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one lovely and cheerful quilt. It's just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Kelly and your quilting is awesome! I remember your post! Thanks for sharing at Linky Tuesday! Freemotion by the River

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, what a pretty quilt. And your quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! I love the birds, the flowers, and the colors! I'm pinning this!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly