Monday, May 26, 2014

Fireworks of thread.

Hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend!  I don't know about you, but in my brain the word HOLIDAY is synonymous with CAKE.   Im officially on a sugar free diet for awhile after 4 days of baking.   I need to put all of my attention into my projects and try to remember what eating healthy means.

I played a little in my sewing room over the weekend, but didnt really finished anything. I have an order for a large tote bag to work on, and fireworks were requested.  Playing with my embroidery machine is easily one of my favorite pastimes.  


I LOVE the batik used for the bag body.  This tote is for an artist and the paint splatter is so fitting.



I need to remember that I can re-hoop when planning design placement.   That should come with practice though. I've only embroidered a few things so far.

I'll be sure to pop up a photo of the finished bag in a few days.  My husband, Kenny, is going to cut a hardwood bottom for me. I'll cover it in batting a matching fabric for a sturdy bottom.

Thanks for stopping by.
Please check my sidebar for the best linky parties!
♥Kelly♥

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly