Saturday, May 31, 2014

Slacking

I've been a horrible blogger in the last few weeks. I'm sure those of you who are blogger's as well, understand completely. Life gets hectic.  

My sweet, sensitive four year old graduated from preschool.  Very emotional. Gavin was so lucky to have teachers this year who were able to really embrace his sensitivity with a sense of humor and understanding.  I hope we get the same from his teacher in Kindergarten next year {or even better, that Gavin grows out of it}  I love this kid, but once in awhile I really wish he could try something new without a full blown panic attack.  He is missing out on so much fun.

We made gifts for his teachers {meaning me} With a lovely drawing by Gavin included.

Eye pillows and Cosmetic pouches.

My favorite thing ever---Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin saved the day and I had gift bags made in 5 minutes.



I have been quilting in between all the craziness of course!  I was working all week on a table runner for Twisted Treasures.   Another vender event runner.  I started out doing a teardrop echo quilting, but soon realized that I didn't have enough orange thread to finish a whole runner in this style.  Drawback #1 of using Isacord thread and not having a local supplier.  
I was also worried that it would be too dense to applique the logo's lettering neatly.

 I did a large and loose stipple in the end which fit perfectly with the business's logo.

It came out pretty cute. I am especially happy with the jewel and the awesome batik I found for it.


Now I am working on a tote bag in matching colors. I get to embroider on it which means FUN is in my future!  lol 


Thanks for looking!  Please check my sidebar for my favorite linky parties!  
~Kelly~




7 comments:

  1. Dear Kelly,
    I can really understand. Sometimes time and life are against a quilter. ;o)
    What wonderful presents for yours son teacher. I which you luck for the future and that he will become a brave little boy - also not as easy, when they are to brave. ;o)
    Greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are some lucky teachers--and your wrapping is genius! May use that idea on some of my boxes!!! Also you do beautiful quilting. Just love these link ups--you meet so many neat quilters!! Thanks For Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one "slacker" to another -- we all understand when priorities keep us from doing things we love!! At least you kept stitching even if you weren't blogging -- the stitching is what keeps me going. (I've been doing some slacking of my own the past week.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. stoppying by from the linky party Anything Goes Monday. come visit my blog, I have a giveaway.. love the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping over to Anything Goes Mondays...yes, know exactly what you mean. Have myself been a bit inconsistent in the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just started doing tote bags. They are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Kelly. Not too much slacking off I would say!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly