Monday, May 5, 2014

Super Secret WIP

It's been hectic around here. Really hectic.  Luckily, I had the chance to go to bed early last night and woke up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the week.      My to-do sewing list is about 15 items long and I'm going to hit each one in order until I finish them all.  

Here's a little peek at my super secret WIP.   It began with some vintage fabrics and a few quilt blocks.
But it is not a quilt.
Pig....Bacon....Sheep...Duck....

Yeah, I am smiling ear to ear.  Give me a few days and I'll post the finish!


My other WIP today is the table runner for my friend Shauna.   She needed something with her logo to use on her table at vender events.  I loaded it on my frame this morning and plan to get it quilted by tonight.


  Zig zags for texture, then I plan to applique the letters with a small tidy zig zag stitch.  I did a practice run to find the nicest look. I have to remember to sew slowly, but this will work great.  I'm a pedal to the metal kind of girl when it comes to sewing, so thats the biggest challenge here :)

Here's my little turkey this morning showing off his wheelbarrow of hot wheels.  He's planning to bring them outside while I quilt today for a motor derby {or something}

Super busy around here and having fun!  Hope you are all enjoying these nice May day's too.
Happy Cinco De Mayo for all those who are celebrating!

~Kelly~ 

Please check my sidebar for my favorite linky parties.


4 comments:

  1. Is it a Farmer's Wife quiet book? That is my guess. :)

    The applique looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing quiet book as well, if so, the start looks great! Thanks for linking up to Anything Goes Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are busy, busy and what a little cutie with his wheel barrel of cars!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old MacDonald had a farrmmmm! Is it a matching game? Match the product with the animal?? (duck - eggs, sheep - wool, pig - bacon...I'm not totally crazy am I? lol) Now to wait and see. *Hands on hips, tapping toe* I'm not very patient, so please hurry up! Ha! :-) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly