Friday, June 6, 2014

Sad to see you go...

So, you know how there is a fine line between hoarding and stocking up?  Most of you that find yourselves on my blog are probably crafty in some way, so I am sure you can understand...

My husband has a very specific eyebrow raise when I'm buying all kinds of seemingly random craft supplies.   Freezer paper at the grocery store, colored pencils, glass sheet from lowes {to make a light table}, every size of snaps, buttons, etc...  The list could go on forever.

Don't get me wrong...My husband is a great sport and never says anything, but I know the look. It means something like "I know thats going in the closet to never be seen again, but if you NEED it that bad, I'll keep my mouth shut"

Well, I'm proving him wrong. A few years ago I HAD to have a shiny box of colored pencils and yesterday I used them for something!  What if I didn't have them in the craft closet?  Then I would have had to GO to the store for them.  Thats crazy.  It's much better to have the craft store in my home.  ;)   Ps. I learned this behavior from my crafty hoarding mom.  {It's nice to have someone to blame}

So, for the proof...I have a super secret project again, but I can give a little glimpse of the design.


Gives nothing away!! Bwahahaha.


Some good news is that I've sold my first quilt, my baby puzzle quilt to be specific. I blogged about it here a little last year. I was so excited, until I realized that I had to actually send it to someone and couldn't keep it.  It was my first ever start to finish quilt, designed by me and quilted with feathers in the border.  I've decided that the only thing to be done, is to make another one.  



10 comments:

  1. This is such a nice design and I love all those colours. It must be a wrench to send your quilt away, so I hope you earned enough to stock up with freezer paper, coloured pencils and enough fabric for the next five quilts, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the puzzle pieces, what a fun baby quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, what you mean! :) Same with my husband. *gg*
    A really nice pattern and I'm looking forward for your secret project.
    Greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great quilt. I can see why you want to make another one! And I love having random crafty things available for when inspiration strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, congratulations on selling your quilt. I just love that puzzle piece pattern. You will have a wonderful time making it again with your lovely fabrics...and yes, there's a fine line between hoarding and stocking up.
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on selling your first quilt and I totally agree about having "tools" always on hand! Thanks for sharing at Linky Tuesday! Freemotion by the River

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new quilt. The puzzle piece block looks wonderful in the colours you have chosen. Hoarding, no, it is referred to as anticipating a future need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that puzzle design! I will have to try that out. Congrats on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea!!!Looks like a puzzle-congratulations!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly