Monday, June 16, 2014

Secret Projects

I can reveal my project today... my friend Joanna had me working on a project for her daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law for an engagement gift.  Well, they were officially engaged this past weekend, so I no longer need to keep the quilt a secret.

The basic idea was that I would make a wall hanging sized quilt for them that would be easy to later turn into a full sized quilt.   Joanna sent me an inspiration photo...and I drew a design.  The addition of Doves was requested, along with strict guidelines that I only use TEAL and a tiny amount of green.  I would love to make a similar version of this with my own color options....someday. I would also to make the flowers more realistic and use a little paint to make them rich in color.  


Once the design was approved, I started quilting... I apologize for the next few photos. They were taken on my phone. Lesson Learned...
I needed to leave room for the wedding date, so that explains the empty space on the bottom right.
Satin stitching is on my Practice Immediately list.

The big finish was really nice. It was fun to work on and I hope the couple will treasure it.


Thanks for letting me share.  Hope you all have a wonderful week!!
~Kelly~

3 comments:

  1. Great teamwork and design, its sure to be an heirloom for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely gift and a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to comment. I am so inspired by this community, thank you for that as well. If you have questions {even some suggestions}, I'll be sure to get back to you.

Go sew already! :)
Kelly